lauantai 19. maaliskuuta 2011

A beige label / vaaleanruskea etiketti

Life is filled with everyday dilemmas. Bigger and smaller ones. Today I have used a lot of time pondering whether I should vote in the next parliamentary elections and if yes, then who should I vote. There are various problems I have not been able to solve yet. I'm concerned because of the raise of certain parties and would like to make a counter act by voting some other party. I haven't been able to find the right party nor the right person yet. And if I happen to vote for a person that doesn't get enough votes in the elections, my vote will go to some other person of the same party. So what matters is which party one is going to vote rather than which person. I hate this. Sometimes I even start to wonder if there's much sense in democracy because my voice will never get heard anyway... (Now shoot me before I go any further)


Well, this has been my time waster today and I think I could have used my day way more productively. Thank you Elaine and Peggy, because of you two lovely ladies I will post something today. :-) This is a beige label for personal use. 


Elämä on täynnä päivittäisiä pulmia, pienempiä ja isompia. Tänään olen kuluttanut ihan luvattoman paljon aikaa miettimällä tulevia eduskuntavaaleja. Pitäisikö äänestää, ja jos kyllä, niin ketä? Tähän liittyy mielessäni useita ratkaisemattomia ongelmia: ensinnäkin, tietyn puolueen viimeiaikainen kannatus saa minussa aikaan halun äänestää ihan vain vastapainoksi. Mutta mitä puoluetta ja ketä ehdokasta? Ensinnäkin, on äärimmäisen vaikeaa löytää ainakaan vaalikoneen perusteella ketään, joka olisi samaa mieltä riittävän monista asioista. Ja ovatko ne vaalikoneen kysymyksetkään kovin relevantteja? Toisekseen suhteellinen vaalitapa aiheuttaa minulle ongelmia. Jos sattuisinkin löytämään henkilön, jota haluaisin äänestää, eikä hänen äänimääränsä olekaan riittävä, menevät hänen äänensä jollekin toiselle samassa puolueessa. Tärkeämpää siis kuitenkin on löytää oikea puolue, kuin oikea ehdokas. Ottaa päästä. Joskus jopa epäilen koko demokratian mielekkyyttä, kun huomaan, ettei ainakaan minun ääneni kuitenkaan tule kuulluksi. (Niin, en minä silti tiedä mahtaisinko olla tyytyväisempi vähemmän demokraattisessakaan valtiossa...)


Tämmöinen on tänään vienyt mentaalikapasiteettiani ihan liikaa, ja tuottavamminkin olisin voinut päiväni käyttää. En mitenkään taloudellisessa mielessä, vaan henkilökohtaisessa mielessä tuottavammin. Kiitokset Peggylle ja Elainelle kommenteista, näiden kahden ihastuttavan naisen vuoksi saan taas tänään jotain postattavaa. :-) Tässä yksi beige etiketti henkilökohtaiseen käyttöön.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Susie -

    I know that trying to decide who to vote for is very hard. You have to look at the candidates, and the groups they represent. Do they share the same beliefs as you, do they share your values, are they really concerned with true issues, with helping the country? All you can do is gather as much information as you can and make a choice based on what you have learned and what makes you comfortable. Good luck.
    And thank you for the beautiful label.

    Elaine Allen

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thank you Elaine for your comment on voting! Yes, sometimes it's really hard to tell which people actually have the same opinion. I have been using these election tools in order to find some candidates that share my views, but it has led into a bigger dilemma: some candidates may in fact have the same answers to the test questions as I would, but their arguments may be very different from mine, sometimes even strange.

    So should I completely ignore this or try to find a candidate that doesn't agree on everything, but that makes SENSIBLE arguments to support his / her views? I'm not sure if I would have a representative that may seemingly agree with my views but for dubious reasons. Maybe it's better to vote for a rational and reasonable candidate even if that person doesn't come to the same conclusion with me about everything. After all, as I pointed out, I'm not an expert in every field. Sometimes it's just really hard to predict the future and all the implications of the decision they have to make in the parliament.

    VastaaPoista

Kiitokset kommentista! Thank you for leaving a comment!

To leave a comment:

1) Choose a profile to use from the scroll down field(Kommentti nimellä). If you don't have a profile, use the "ANONYMOYS" option, which is "nimetön" in Finnish
2) "Lähetä kommentti" is the SUBMIT button
3) Sometimes the comment form doesn't function well, please try submitting your comment again if this happens.