maanantai 28. kesäkuuta 2010

New ATCs for trade / Uusia ATC -kortteja vaihtoon

I'm not sure if you still remember my butterfly ATC backing freebie. Well, like I told back then, I had made a trip to the zoological museum over here (and to the botanical garden during the same day) and taken some photos. The lighting conditions were really poor there but I managed to take some images of the butterfly collection and I really liked the results as well. So I combined them with some vintage ephemera and old looking items and made a digital collage series called "My butterfly collection". I adore both little birds and butterflies and old insect collections can be really fascinating too (well, why not new ones as well, but nowadays I prefer the butterflies being farm grown rather than harvested from their natural habitat).

If anyone is interested in trading, I have uploaded the images in my Flickr and ATCs for all galleries. (You can find my Flikcr widget on the right side bar or just click on the headline on this post.)


En ole varma, muistaako kukaan enää perhosen kuvilla koristettua ilmaista ATC-taustaa, jonka postasin joitakin aikoja sitten. Olin silloin tehnyt retken sekä eläintieteelliseen museoon, että kasvitieteelliseen puutarhaan, ja saanut otettua joitain valokuvia perhoskokoelmista. Valaistusolot olivat todella heikot, mutta olin silti aika tyytyväinen tuloksiin. Yhdistin perhoskuviani vanhan oloisten elementtien kanssa, ja tein digikollaasisarjan nimellä "My butterfly collection" (Perhoskokoelmani). Tykkään kovasti sekä pikkulinnuista että perhosista, ja vanhat hyönteiskokoelmat voivat olla todella kiehtovia. (Tai miksei uudemmatkin, nykyään minusta vaan tuntuu ekologian kannalta kivemmalta ajatukselta, että koristeiksi kokoelmiin päätyvät perhoset olisivat kasvatettuja eikä luonnosta kaapattuja.)

Jos ketään huvittaa vaihtaa, niin korttieni kuvat löytyvät sekä Flickr että ATCs for all -gallerioistani. (Flickr galleria-kuvalinkkini on tuossa oikean puoleisessa reunapalstassa, suora linkki myös tämän postauksen otsikossa.)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Kiitokset kommentista! Thank you for leaving a comment!

To leave a comment:

1) Choose a profile to use from the scroll down field(Kommentti nimellä). If you don't have a profile, use the "ANONYMOYS" option, which is "nimetön" in Finnish
2) "Lähetä kommentti" is the SUBMIT button
3) Sometimes the comment form doesn't function well, please try submitting your comment again if this happens.